Welcome to Michael’s truly genuine home! Situated on an over-sized corner lot on the intimate Grove-like neighborhood of Fairgreen, this home comes with a culinary soul, an artistic energy, and a good dose of Miami history. The distinctive Miami Modern “ingredients” of this home make it a truly special real estate “dish.” Not only is this the home of chef, restauranteur and James Beard award winner, Michael Schwartz and his wife, it was designed by Maurice Weintraub (a founding father of MiMo architecture) for former Miami Beach Mayor Kennth Oka.
Recently updated, improvements include impact windows, heated saline pool, new plumbing, irrigation & landscape lighting system, tankless water heater and 2 new a/c units, but it is the custom chef’s kitchen "sanctuary" that is the heart of this home.
The surrounding lush gardens with herb and vegetable beds, feature an authentic Marra Forni pizza oven. The lucky new owner of this property may even receive a personal cooking lesson by Chef Michael.
The location cannot be beat. Walking distance to the beach, Lincoln Rd. South Beach, community park and A-rated schools.
- Custom-built Chef's kitchen featuring: Wolf 6-burner natural gas range convection oven, additional electric wall mounted oven, SubZero refrigeration including side by side refrigerator/freezer, 2 sets of refrigerated drawers, 2 temperature controlled wine cabinets + an ice maker, GrillWorks Commercial wood burning grill with separate fan driven ventilation, commercial exhaust hood ventilation system, 2 additional mini split AC units. No microwave.
- Outside Marra Forni wood burning pizza oven
- 2 new AC units at north and south ends of house
- New gas powered tankless water heater
- New electric, gas and water service in new kitchen
- All plumbing updated (PVC pipe to sewer)
- Separate irrigation meter, Irrigation and landscape lighting
- New saline pool with electric high efficiency heater
- Newly renovated second bathroom (subway tile, marble floor, new bath, toilet and vanity)
- Newly restored original wood floors throughout the south end of house,
original Cuban Tile in living area
- Impact windows and doors throughout
- Original working fireplace
- Electric car charging station